Friday, January 21, 2011

so, forever 21 is open now...

and i FINALLY dragged my ass down there to sniff it out.
"have you been to forever 21 yet?"
"go check out forever 21. i want to know what you think."
"oh my god, i am waiting to hear you rip it apart."
these are things i heard this week after last weekend's open of forever 21 in charleston in the old saks fifth avenue location. as a native who was a young wannabe fashionista at the opening of saks, i have been very vocal in my poo-poo'ing of the fact that it was being replaced by a company that tells me just in their name that i am 14 years too old for their clothes. wow, that sentence made me feel old.
so i took some time out of my day today and went down there to poo poo it in person...;)
here are the notes i wrote to myself as i wandered aimlessly around the joint...
"junkstore paradise."
"unecessary chaos."
"i can feel myself slowly going into a mass produced, made in china, polyester sweat shop coma."
"just watched a salesgirl dragging clothes across the floor."
"i think i just threw up a little in my mouth."
"SHOP LOCAL."
and that's it, folks. in a uber-trendy, cheapo nutshell.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment